EDEN, N.Y. – The Morrisville State women's lacrosse team opened with five scores in the first four minutes of the contest Saturday afternoon on the road at Hilbert College, an didn't look back as they cruised to a 28-1 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) action in Eden.
- Final Score: Morrisville 28, Hilbert 1
- Location: Eden HS, Eden, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 5-4, 3-0 NEAC; Hilbert 0-5, 0-2 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Three different players scored five goals and another five contributed to the scoring for the Mustangs Saturday afternoon as they topped host Hilbert College by a 28-1 final score.
- Grace Hanehan (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.), Jillian Hughes (Brookfield, N.Y.) and Melissa Lucciola (Monroe, N.Y.) each notched five goals, combining for six assists in the win.
- Celia Abbott (Shortsville, N.Y.) added a four goal, four assist effort, while Kate Powell (Ann Arbor, Mich.) collected her first collegiate hat trick with her three scores.
- Makenzi Santini (Fairport, N.Y.) contributed five points behind her three goals and two assists.
- Courtney Cavellier (Rodman, N.Y.) collected 21 draw control wins at the center circle, picking up a total six ground balls, as Morrisville State outgained the Hawks 24-6 in draws.
- Morrisville also dominated Hilbert in ground balls, 22-7, and out gunned the hosts in shots, 52-8.
- Kadi Bice (Lorraine, N.Y.) posted five saves in the win for the Mustangs, appearing for 40 minutes of time before Laura Lorraine (Hamilton, N.Y.) stepped in for the next 18 minutes. Bridget Murphy (Yorktown Heights, N.Y.) appeared for the final two minutes.
- Morrisville State returns to the field tomorrow, traveling to Medaille in a rematch of last year's NEAC Championship Final. Opening draw is scheduled for 1 p.m.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.