MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State women's lacrosse team concluded the 2019 season Saturday afternoon in the opening round of the NCAA Division III Championship Tournament, dropping a 17-8 decision to Johnson & Wales University on the campus of Middlebury in Vermont.
- Final Score: Morrisville 8, Johnson & Wales 17
- Location: Kohn Field, Middlebury, Vt.
- Records: Morrisville State 14-6, Johnson & Wales 16-4
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Johnson and Wales fired off the first three goals of the afternoon and put together a 6-0 run to open the contest to an eight goal lead after a Mustang tally for a 12-3 halftime advantage, maintaining a lead that Morrisville State struggled to get past as they advanced to the next round of the NCAA Division III tournament.
- Courtney Cavellier (Rodman, N.Y.) and Melissa Lucciola (Monroe, N.Y.) each posted two scores for the Mustangs, with four additional teammates netting one apiece.
- Chelsea McNeal (Ithaca, N.Y.) dished out a team best three assists.
- Kadi Bice (Lorraine, N.Y.) recorded the loss in net for the Mustangs, appearing in the first half of action and recording seven stops, before being relieved by Laura Lorraine (Hamilton, N.Y.) for the second half of action.
- Lorraine turned away five in the final 30 minutes of action.
- Morrisville State concludes the season with a third straight trip to the NCAA tournament, finishing with a 14-6 overall record.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.