CANTON, N.Y. – Freshman midfielder, Zoe Costello (Kingston, NY) capitalized on a free kick to tie the contest at 1-1 late in the second half, sending the game into extra time. But the Mustangs weren't able to hang on as Jaedyn Ossont of SUNY Canton scored the game winner with just 37 seconds left in overtime to lift the Roos to a 2-1 win on Wednesday evening.
- Final Score: Canton 2, Morrisville 1 (1 OT)
- Location: SUNY Canton Turf Field – Canton, NY
- Records: Morrisville (1-2-0), Canton (2-1-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Canton got on the board first when Madison Rowe fired a shot across the goal, netting it on the left side 13' into the first half. Morrisville had a chance to tie the game with 90 seconds left in the opening half, but freshman forward, Shelby Allen (Galway, NY) wasn't able to get a shot off as Canton's goalkeeper charged out of the net.
- Zoe Costello recorded her first collegiate goal on a free kick 82' into the contest, striking the upper 90 of the net, sending the game into overtime.
- The Mustangs outshot the Roos, 13-10 in nearly 100 minutes of play on the day.
The Mustangs return to action at 2:00pm on Saturday when they travel to Alfred, NY to take on Alfred State.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.