ALFRED, N.Y. – Freshman forward/midfielder, Angelina Rinaldi (Huntington Station, NY) scored her first collegiate goal on Saturday afternoon against the Pioneers of Alfred State. But the lone goal wasn't enough and the Mustangs fell by a final score of 4-1.
- Final Score: Alfred 4, Morrisville 1
- Location: Pioneer Stadium – Alfred, NY
- Records: Morrisville (1-3-0), Alfred State (2-1-1)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Rinaldi scored the lone, unassisted goal for Morrisville State in the 56' minute of the game.
- Senior goalkeeper, Brianna Sorriento (Wynantskill, NY) and freshman net minder, Lydia Young (Cuyler, NY) split time in the net; they combined for a total of five saves off of nine shots.
Women's Soccer takes a break and returns to action this Saturday, September 15th when they host Keuka College at 1:00pm in their NEAC home opener on Drake Field.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.