CAZENOVIA, N.Y. – A strong offensive second half gave Morrisville State what they needed to earn their first North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) victory of the season on Tuesday afternoon. Sophomore forward duo, Jessica McGee (Lebanon, CT) and Jade Shimer (Canastota, NY) put the Mustangs on the board after a scoreless first half and secured the win.
- Final Score: Morrisville 2, Cazenovia 1
- Location: Christakos Field – Cazenovia, NY
- Records: Morrisville (2-4-0), Cazenovia (5-1-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- McGee evened the score at 1-1 25' in to the second half with an unassisted goal, her second of the season.
- It was Shimer's goal just 20' later that put the Mustangs ahead for good. Freshman midfielder, Kayla Kelly (North Babylon, NY) assisted the winning goal.
- For the second game in a row, senior, Brianna Sorriento (Wynantskill, NY) played all 90' in goal for Morrisville State. She recorded 15 saves and only one goal against on the day.
Morrisville State has little time to rest; the Mustangs will host SUNY Delhi tomorrow at 4:00pm on Drake Field for a non-conference match up.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.