MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Visiting SUNY Delhi scored three unanswered goals in the second half en route to a 3-0 non-conference win over host Morrisville State women's soccer on Wednesday afternoon. The Mustang defense held the Broncos scoreless in the first half after facing 16 shots in 45', but it wasn't enough as the Mustangs fell to 2-5-0 overall on the season.
- Final Score: Delhi 3, Morrisville 0
- Location: Drake Field – Morrisville, NY
- Records: Morrisville (2-5-0), Delhi (7-0-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Freshman goalkeeper, Lydia Young (Cuyler, NY) recorded 9 saves on 16 shots in the first 45' of play. In the 19' of the first half, Delhi forward, Katie Herba ripped a shot outside the penalty box and Young made a diving save across the front of the net to hold the Broncos scoreless.
- The Bronco's first goal came off a penalty kick 51' into the game; Katie Herba put the ball in the back of the net to put Delhi on the scoreboard.
- Morrisville State had an opportunity to even the score in the 58' of play; sophomore forward, Jessica McGee (Lebanon, CT) played a great ball off of a corner kick, giving sophomore midfielder, Casey Watson (Stamford, CT) a great opportunity to put the Mustangs on the board. But Watson was robbed as Delhi goalkeeper, Rachael Scoones dove across the net for one of her 5 saves on the afternoon.
- SUNY Delhi improves to a perfect 7-0-0 on the season.
The Mustangs return back to North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play this weekend when they host Wells College on Saturday at 2:30pm on Drake Field.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.