MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Despite holding Penn St.-Berks scoreless for the first 33' of play in the first half, Morrisville State wasn't able to find any rhythm on the offensive end of the field and fell to the visiting Nittany Lions, 5-0 on Saturday afternoon. Senior goalkeeper, Brianna Sorriento (Wynantskill, NY) recorded 13 saves in 77' of play for the Mustangs.
- Final Score: Penn St.-Berks 5, Morrisville 0
- Location: Drake Field – Morrisville, NY
- Records: Morrisville (5-6-0), (4-2-0) NEAC, Penn St.-Berks (8-3-1), (7-0-0) NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- With 10' left to go in the first half and Penn St.-Berks leading 1-0, the Nittany Lions had an opportunity to go up 2-0 when defender, Monica Pinel fired a shot from 20 yards out; junior defender, Savannah Hobbie (South Kortright, NY) made a sliding defensive save to hold the Nittany Lions at 1.
- Sorriento came up with two key saves in the last 30 seconds of play in the first half, giving the Nittany Lions only a two goal advantage heading into halftime.
- Penn St.-Berks senior forward, Caitlin Golden went on a scoring frenzy in the second half, scoring all three of the Nittany Lion's goals. Golden currently leads the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) in goals scored, recording 24 thus far on the season.
Women's Soccer resumes North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play tomorrow, when they travel to SUNY Cobleskill for a 12:00pm start.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.