WILLIAMSPORT, P.A. – The Mustangs held Penn College scoreless for nearly 58' of play, but a late second half goal gave lifted the Wildcats to a 1-0 win over Morrisville State on Saturday afternoon.
- Final Score: Penn College 1, Morrisville 0
- Location: Athletic Field – Williamsport, PA
- Records: Morrisville (6-8-0), (5-3-0) NEAC, Penn College (9-3-0), (7-1-0) NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Morrisville State's defensive unit was on high alert in the first half and were able to hold the Wildcats scoreless after 45' of action. Freshman goalkeeper, Lydia Young (Cuyler, NY) recorded 4 saves on 8 shots in the first half.
- Junior midfielder, Madison Shoemaker (Caledonia, NY) registered the Mustangs only shot on goal of the contest at the 3:05 mark of the first half.
- The Wildcats broke the scoreless tie at the 57:50, when Penn College's, Tiffany Brown struck the ball just outside the 18, putting it past Young attempting to make a diving save.
- Young notched 6 total saves in 90' of play for the Mustangs.
The Mustangs return to Drake Field this Tuesday, when they host Hamilton College in a non-conference match-up at 4:00pm
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.