MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Freshman goalkeeper, Lydia Young (Cuyler, NY) recorded 14 saves Tuesday afternoon as host Morrisville State fell to visiting Hamilton College on Drake Field by a final 6-0 score. The Mustangs fall to 6-9-0 on the season, while the Hamilton College Continentals improve their overall record to 8-3-3.
- Final Score: Hamilton 6, Morrisville 0
- Location: Drake Field – Morrisville, NY
- Records: Morrisville (6-9-0), (5-3-0) NEAC, Hamilton (7-3-3), (4-3-2) NESCAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Five different Continentals notched goals on the afternoon, including Cat Gambino who posted two. Olivia Rodrigues tallied one goal and two assists in the win.
- Morrisville State freshman keeper, Lydia Young (Cuyler, NY) recorded 14 totals saves in the loss, 8 of which came in the second half. Hamilton outshot the Mustangs 39-4 in 90' of play.
- Caity Smith recorded the win in goal for the Continentals, posting 2 saves in 45' of action. Rachel Pike collected 1 save in the second half of play for Hamilton.
Morrisville State finishes out the remainder of the season with North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play. The Mustangs host Gallaudet on Saturday at 12:00pm on Drake Field.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.