WILLIAMSPORT, P.A. – The Morrisville State women's soccer team struck first, putting the Mustangs up 1-0 in the 21' of play. But the visitors were unable to overcome two unanswered goals in the second half, falling to host Penn College on Tuesday afternoon in the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) women's soccer quarterfinals.
- Sport: Women's Soccer
- Location: Athletic Field – Williamsport, PA
- Final Score: Penn College 2, Morrisville 1
- Records: Morrisville (7-11-1), (6-4-1) NEAC, Penn College (12-7-0), (8-3-0) NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Sophomore forward, Jessica McGee (Lebanon, CT) netted the Mustang's lone goal of the contest when she collected a rebound off of Penn College goalkeeper, Taylor Gonzales' save and found the back of the net at the 20:03 mark.
- Morrisville went into halftime with the 1-0 lead, but it was short-lived when Dominque Brown struck the ball point blank off a pass from Tiffany Brown, evening the score at 1-1 in the 52' of play.
- Senior goalkeeper, Brianna Sorriento (Wynantskill, NY) helped keep the score even throughout much of the second half, until Morgan Brooks scored the unassisted game winner in the 86' of play.
- Penn College outshot Morrisville State 14-8, and held the slim 6-5 advantage in corner kicks.
- Sorriento finished the game with 6 total saves between the pipes for the Mustangs.
- With the win, the Penn College Wildcats will now advance to the NEAC semifinals and face Penn St.-Berks in a rematch of last year's NEAC Championship game.
Today's game concludes the 2018 season for Women's Soccer.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.