CAZENOVIA, N.Y. – The Morrisville State women's volleyball team hit .319 across three matches, collecting 45 total kills, as they downed Penn State Berks by a 3-0 match final with set scores of 25-17, 25-16, and 25-17, remaining undefeated in North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play as they hit the court at nearby Cazenovia in cross over action.
- Final Score: Morrisville St. 3, Penn St. Berks 0 (25-17, 25-16, 25-17)
- Location: Cazenovia College, Cazenovia, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville St. 9-3, 3-0 NEAC; Penn St. Berks 5-10, 3-1 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Junior outside hitter Megyan Merrill (Millport, N.Y.) posted a team high 11 kills, hitting .476 on the day to lead the Mustang charge against the Nittany Lions. Merrill also added 12 defensive digs.
- Senior Kim Dunkleman (Williamsville, N.Y.) put up 25 assists, as teammate Helena Hanes (St. Mary's, Pa.) added another 15 to go along with her nine kills and seven digs.
- Junior libero Samantha Wolf (Liverpool, N.Y.) registered a team high 23 digs.
- Amelia Baratier (Liverpool, N.Y.) posted nine kills at the net, adding 11 digs.
- Morrisville State handed the Nittany Lions their first conference loss while remaining unbeaten in NEAC action themselves at 3-0.
- Morrisville State hits the court against Penn College at 2 p.m. today, wrapping up cross over action for the weekend before meeting rival SUNY Polytechnic on Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 7 p.m. in Morrisville.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.