ANNANDALE-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. – The Morrisville State Volleyball team hit the road for the opening game of a non-conference tournament in the Hudson Valley on Friday night and came away with an opening 3-0 win over Bard College.
- Final Score:
- Morrisville 3, Bard 0
- Location: Stevenson Athletic Center, Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y.
- Morrisville (16-5), Keuka (6-14)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Mustangs served strong, tallying 10 aces including five from Megyan Merrill (Millport, N.Y.)
- Morrisville also continued to orchestrate a balanced attack where eight Mustangs tallied a kill. Amelia Baratier (Liverpool, N.Y.) led the way with nine kills.
- Defensively, the Mustangs tallied 52 digs. Sam Wolf (Liverpool, N.Y.) and Kim Dunkleman (Williamsville, N.Y.) picked up 11 digs each, while Merrill added 10.
The Mustangs will head over to SUNY New Paltz for the second day of the tournament tomorrow with matches at 12 and 2 PM. The noon match up will pit the Mustangs against the host's SUNY New Paltz, while the 2 PM match will feature a match up against Rowan.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.