NEW PALTZ, N.Y. – The Morrisville State Volleyball team fell 3-1 to the host Hawks from SUNY New Paltz in the opening match of their non-conference tournament weekend, but rebounded in the second match to grind out a 3-2 win over Rowan.
- Final Scores:
- New Paltz 3, Morrisville 1
- Morrisville 3, Rowan 2
- Location: Hawk Center, New Paltz, N.Y.
- Morrisville (16-6), New Paltz (20-4)
- Morrisville (17-6), Rowan (15-13)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Megyan Merrill (Millport, N.Y.) posted 20 kills in the first match loss against New Paltz and added 24 more in the victory over Rowan.
- Sam Wolf (Liverpool, N.Y.) tallied 61 digs between both games while also serving up five aces.
- With Wolf's dig total today, she surpasses the 1,500 dig mark; the first Mustang to achieve this milestone.
The Mustangs will turn their attention back to North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play as they prepare to host the top two teams in the Southern Division for a cross-over event. Morrisville will open the day on Saturday, October 20 with a noon match against Gallaudet before squaring off against Lancaster Bible College at 2 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.