LANCASTER, Pa. – The Morrisville State women's cross country team finished fifth overall at the Lancaster Bible College Charger Invitational held Saturday in Lancaster, with senior Raylene Wade (Red Creek, N.Y.) finishing in the top four to lead the Mustang group.
- Team Scoring: McDaniel 69, Keuka 91, Penn College 102, SUNY Poly 109, Morrisville State 124, Lancaster Bible 188, PS-Schuylkill 192, Cabrini 202, Gallaudet 210, PS-Harrisburg 212, PS-Berks 221, Rosemont 223, Central Penn 369
- Location: Lancaster, Pa.
- Course Details: 6K race
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Senior Raylene Wade (Red Creek, N.Y.) led the Mustangs to a team best finish to date on the season, finishing fourth overall among the field of 79 runners, with a time of 26:58.1, just 20 seconds off the winning time.
- Sydney O'Dell (Manlius, N.Y.) finished 16th overall with a time of 29:57.4 to cross second for the Mustangs, followed closely by Anna Raymond (Newark, N.Y.) who finished 25th with a time of 31:09.9.
- Miranda Wright (Smyrna, N.Y.) and Kaitlin Mulwane (Oxford, N.Y.) rounded out team scoring for the Mustangs with their back-to-back finishes in 39th and 40th individual positions with times of 33:#2.8 and 33:38.4, respectively.
- Maura Hager (Binghamton, N.Y.) and Anne Marie Marchese (Arlington, Vt.) finished 50th and 60th overall.
- Morrisville State returns to racing action Saturday at the Roberts & Wesleyan Invitational. Racing begins at 11:30 a.m. for the women.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.