GENEVA, N.Y. – Senior captain, Raylene Wade (Red Creek, N.Y.) led Morrisville State women's cross country to a sixth place team finish at the Cross Country Only Championships (CCOC) Saturday morning in Geneva, finishing 16th individually with a time of 25:55.4.
The senior was the top North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) finisher among three conference competing teams, and was 14th in the individual scoring.
- Team Results: Clarkson 21, William Smith 45, D'Youville 119, Cazenovia 127, Elmira College 128, Morrisville State 150, Wells 170, Canton 209, Medaille 242
- Location: Hobart College, Geneva, N.Y.
- Race details: 6K
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Anna Raymond (Newark, N.Y.) was second to score for the Mustangs, finishing the 6K race in 28:08.5, pointing 27th overall and finishing 42nd.
- Sydney O'Dell (Manlius, N.Y.) scored third for Morrisville State, earning 33 points, while finishing with a time of 29:18.1.
- Miranda Wright (Smyrna, N.Y.) and Maura Hager (Binghamton, N.Y.) were the final Mustangs to contribute to team scoring, finishing 59th and 61st overall with times of 31:02.9 and 31:18.0 in a tight footrace to the finish.
- Morrisville State has one final tune-up before the NEAC Championships on the 27th, returning to the courses on Saturday, Oct. 20 at the Hamilton College Short course Invitational held in Clinton.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.