LANCASTER, Pa. – Host Lancaster Bible College ended the Mustangs winning streak Saturday afternoon, and handed Morrisville State men's basketball their first North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) loss of the season as they collected the 89-77 win on their home court in Lancaster, Pa.
- Final score: Lancaster Bible 89, Morrisville 77 (halftime: LBC 44-41)
- Location: Lancaster, Pa.
- Records: Lancaster 13-7, 10-2 NEAC; Morrisville 16-4, 10-1 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State entered the game with an 11 game win streak and undefeated conference record on the line, but was halted as host Lancaster Bible College used hot shooting from the floor, and a strong presence in the paint to overcome the Mustangs to collect the win.
- Five posted double figures for the visitors, including Lamel Faison (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and Kevin Dennis (Bronx, N.Y.) who each posted 17.
- Justin Mitchell (Newburgh, N.Y.) added 13 and Brison Hall (Syracuse, N.Y.) 12, while fellow teammate Rahmell Smith (Syracuse, N.Y.) rounded out the leaderboard with 11.
- Morrisville State, who dominated from play behind the arc, struggled Saturday, hitting just 28.6% with only four buckets from long range (47.5% from the floor on the afternoon). Lancaster, though, converted a total 10, hitting 43.5% as they shot 51.4% from the floor in total on the day.
- Lancaster held the advantage on the glass, outgaining the Mustangs 40-30 in rebounds, adding 16 points to their tallies with second chance opportunities.
- Morrisville State returns home to host North Division opponent Wells College on Tuesday, Feb. 5th. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. in Morrisville.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.