GENESEO, N.Y. – The Geneseo Knights showed why they moved up six spots in this past week's USCHO poll as they shut out the Mustangs 9-0 in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) action on Friday night.
- Final Score:
- Geneseo 9, Morrisville 0
- Location: Geneseo, N.Y.
- Geneseo (5-1-1, 3-1-1 SUNYAC), Morrisville (1-6-0, 1-4-0 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Geneseo notched the first goal of the contest at the 9:58 mark, and did not look back, pouring on two more goals in the first, followed by two in the second, and four more in the third.
- The Mustangs' Jorgen Johnson (Waterford, Mich.) faced 45 shots throughout the game, 18 of which came in the first period alone.
- Despite taking the loss in net, Johnson posted 36 saves.
- Morrisville struggled to find any rhythm offensively as the Knights held them to just 12 shots on goal over the three periods.
The Mustangs will look to rebound on Saturday afternoon as they wrap up their regular season series with the Knights at 4 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.