MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville Men's Ice Hockey team put the pressure on the nationally ranked, Oswego Lakers on the road, but ultimately fell 2-1.
- Final Score:
- Oswego 2, Morrisville 1
- Location: Oswego, N.Y.
- Oswego (14-3-1, 7-3-0 SUNYAC), Morrisville (4-12-0, 2-8-0 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Coming in hot off of a big conference victory at Potsdam last Friday, the Mustangs stormed into Oswego and held the nationally ranked Lakers scoreless through 28 minutes of play.
- Despite a lop-sided shot disadvantage, Morrisville scored first as CJ Stubbs (Pleasant Grove, Utah) recorded his 20th point of the season with a goal at the 2:10 mark in the second period. Jimmy Philbin (Chicago, Ill.) and Nick DeVito (Averill Park, N.Y.) recorded the assists.
- The Mustangs continued to weather the Oswego offensive onslaught through most of the second period, but the Lakers broke through at the 8:04 mark to tie the contest at 1-1.
- Morrisville was granted an opportunity to get the go-ahead goal midway through the third as they went on the power play, but the Lakers defense shut down the Mustangs.
- Oswego would ultimately score the game winner at the 12:41 mark.
- Jared Young (Pueblo West, Colo.) kept the Mustangs close, denying 42 of 44 shots faced.
Morrisville will do battle once again with the Lakers in Oswego tomorrow night at 7 PM in their conference series finale.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.