MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State men's soccer team fell in non-league action Wednesday afternoon as they were held scoreless, while visiting SUNY Geneseo netted three goals in the second half en route to a 4-0 win on Drake Field.
- Sport: Men's Soccer
- Location: Drake Field – Morrisville, NY
- Final Score: Geneseo 4, Morrisville 0
- Records: Morrisville (7-8-1), (6-3-0) NEAC, Geneseo (7-7-4), (2-5-2) SUNYAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Knights notched just one goal in the first half of action, but followed up with three additional unanswered goals in the last 45' of play.
- Noah Van Zandt led Geneseo with two unassisted goals, collecting the first two scores of the game for the Knights.
- Geneseo held the 15-9 advantage in shots on the day, while Morrisville State led the Knights in corner kicks, 3-0.
- Junior goalkeeper, Tyler Gaines (Hoosick Falls, NY) posted 8 saves in 90' of action for the hosts.
Morrisville State men return to North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play this Saturday when they host SUNY Poly at 3:00pm.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.