BROCKPORT, N.Y. – Morrisville State women's basketball fell to 0-3 overall Friday evening as they dropped the non-league contest against Houghton College by a final 65-47 score, in the first round of the Brockport Tip-off Tournament in Brockport.
- Final Score: Houghton 65, Morrisville State 47
- Location: The College at Brockport, Brockport, N.Y.
- Records: Houghton 2-0, Morrisville State 0-3
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State led 15-12 after the opening quarter, but a dismal second quarter of scoring found the Highlanders ahead at the break as they outgained the Mustangs 22-12 in the second frame for the 34-27 lead.
- Houghton held the advantage in the third as well, eventually pulling ahead by double digits enroute to the win.
- Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) led the Mustangs with 15 points, adding seven rebounds the efforts, while teammate A-Laya Wright (Henrietta, N.Y.) added 11, to go along with two steals and three from long range.
- Morrisville State's bench scoring was limited to five points, all coming from Anna Raymond (Newark, N.Y.).
- Morrisville State will face D'Youville College in the consolation round of the tournament tomorrow. Tipoff is scheduled at 2 p.m. in Brockport.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.