MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Senior Charlotte Walker (Middle Island, N.Y.) paced the visiting Morrisville State women's basketball team with a Mustang high 21 points, but they fell short down the stretch as D'Youville College collected the 74-63 victory in the consolation round of the Brockport tournament held in Brockport Saturday afternoon.
- Final Score: D'Youville 74, Morrisville 63 (Halftime: D'Youville 39-34)
- Location: Brockport, N.Y.
- Records: D'Youville 2-2, Morrisville 0-4
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State held the edge in shooting from the floor 39-3% to the Spartans 38.3, but D'Youville forced 20 total Mustang miscues and controlled the boards 49-42 as they collected the win.
- Senior Charlotte Walker (Middle Island, N.Y.) led the Mustangs with 21 points, adding six rebounds, four assists and a steal to her tallies on the day.
- Junior guard Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) added 18 points, four boards and an assist, hitting two from long range.
- Miranda Wright (Smyrna, N.Y.) put together a huge defensive game for the visitors, snagging 14 rebounds, 12 that came on the defensive class, while adding two steals.
- Morrisville State returns to the court Tuesday, hosting SUNY Geneseo at 5 p.m. on the Mustangs home court.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.