MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Morrisville State women's basketball outscored visiting Cazenovia College 20-8 in the final quarter of Wednesday night's North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) action on the Mustangs home court in Morrisville, as junior Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) poured in 16 of her game total 26 points in the second half of action to lead the Mustangs to the win.
- Final Score: Morrisville State 77, Cazenovia 69 (halftime: Morrisville 37, Cazenovia 36)
- Location: STUAC Gymnasium, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville State 1-7, 1-1 NEAC; Cazenovia 1-6, 0-3 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Junior guard Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) led all scorers with 26 points on the night, hitting four from beyond the arc, while adding seven rebounds and four steals to her totals. A total 16 of Rockefeller's points came in the second half of action, including nine in the fourth and final quarter.
- Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) added 18 points in the win, assisting a total five while collecting six rebounds in 38 minutes of play.
- Junior Savannah Hobbie (South Kortright, N.Y.) came off the bench to snag a game high 12 rebounds, eight that came on the offensive glass, leading Morrisville State to the 45-38 advantage on the boards.
- The third quarter played out in similar fashion as the opening half, with both teams trading possession until the 1:27 mark when a jumper by Jordan Wall, followed by a jumper from Anne Tokos as time expired, gave Cazenovia the four point advantage heading into the final quarter.
- The first half of the fourth quarter saw a 13 point swing in favor of the hosts, as A-Laya Wright (Henrietta, N.Y.) kicked off the run with a layup in the paint, followed by a three from Rockefeller, before Wright added one from the top of the key for the four point Mustang lead.
- Hobbie added a bucket in the paint and Rockefeller followed with another three top open the game to a nine point Morrisville State advantage, a lead that would withstand a comeback attempt by Cazenovia in the closing minutes.
- Morrisville State capitalized on Wildcat turnovers in the fourth quarter, recording 13 of their quarter total 20 points off eight Cazenovia miscues, while holding the visitors to just 25% shooting from the floor.
- Morrisville State returns to the court Saturday, hosting Keystone College in a non-conference battle at 12 noon on the Mustangs home court.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.