MORRISTOWN, N.J. – The Morrisville State women's basketball team fell short Saturday afternoon, despite a 22-8 fourth quarter rally, as host College of St. Elizabeth picked up the 68-63 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) victory on their home court in Morristown, New Jersey.
- Final score: St. Elizabeth 68, Morrisville State 63
- Location: Morristown, New Jersey
- Records: St. Elizabeth 4-4 (3-1 NEAC), Morrisville State 3-10 (2-2 NEAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Sophomore point guard Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) led the Mustangs for a second time in as many games as she posted 21 points, assisted three, collected three steams and led the Mustangs with a six rebound effort in the loss.
- Senior forward Charlotte Walker (Middle Island, N.Y.) also contributed a double-digit effort, netting 14 points off the bench for Morrisville State, shooting 6-for-9 from the floor.
- St. Elizabeth had four post double figures, including Deja Ingram who led the Eagles with 17 points and 10 rebounds for the double-double.
- St. Elizabeth held the slim 36-30 lead at the half, before rattling off 24 points in the third, limiting the Mustangs to just 11 as they carried a 21 point lead into the final frame.
- Morrisville State, though, went on a 20-3 run during the fourth to make it a four point game with 1:35 to go, but ran out of time as their comeback attempt fell short and CSE picked up the conference win.
- The Mustangs return to play tomorrow, traveling to Penn State Abington to wrap up the weekend action in the south. Tip-off is scheduled at 12 p.m. in Abington.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.