ABINGTON, Pa. – The Morrisville State women's basketball team rebounded from Saturday's setback with a convincing 74-58 win over North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) opponent Penn State Abington Sunday afternoon in Abington.
- Final Score: Morrisville 74, Abington 58
- Location: Abington, PA
- Records: Morrisville 4-10, 3-2 NEAC; Abington 7-6, 4-1 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State utilized a strong second quarter to carry the 10-point lead into the halftime period and didn't look back as they handed the Nittany Lions their first conference loss of the season. The Mustangs outscored Abington 26-15 in the second frame.
- Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) led the Mustangs with 24 points, draining 6-of-10 from beyond the arc, while collecting five rebounds, two assists and two steals on the day.
- Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) added another 22 points, while dishing out six assists and posting three rebounds, while fellow teammate Charlotte Walker (Middle Island, N.Y.) posted a double-double with her 15 point, 11 rebound effort to contribute to the win.
- The Mustangs had a strong shooting effort from the floor on the day, hitting 52.8%, including a 40-9% effort from long range.
- Morrisville State returns to the court Wednesday, hosting conference favored Keuka College at 5 p.m.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.