MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Visiting Gallaudet University women's basketball team made a late third quarter run, and withstood the Mustangs down the line as they collected a thrilling 75-73 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win over host Morrisville State Saturday afternoon in Morrisville.
- Final Score: Gallaudet University 75, Morrisville 73
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Gallaudet 11-8, 8-2 NEAC; Morrisville 5-13, 4-5 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Gallaudet utilized a 14-2 run over the final four minutes of the third quarter to edge the Mustangs by five heading into the fourth frame.
- Battling back and forth with the hosts throughout the fourth quarter, the Bison took the lead for the final time with a layup with nine seconds to go, edging the Mustangs for the 75-73 victory.
- Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) paced Morrisville State with 28 points, adding eight rebounds and four assists, while Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) added 24.
- Rockefeller also snagged eight boards and dished out four assists, while collecting three steals.
- Senior Charlotte Walker (Middle Island, N.Y.) added 12 in the Mustangs efforts.
- Sabina Shysh paced Gallaudet with 21 points, 19 of which came in the second half of play, while three additional Bison netted double figures in the win.
- Morrisville State returns to the court Wednesday, hosting SUNY Cobleskill at 5 p.m.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.