LANCASTER, Pa. – The Morrisville State women's basketball team dropped a south division cross over contest with host Lancaster Bible College Saturday, falling by a final 55-44 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, on the Chargers home court.
- Final Score: Lancaster Bible 55, Morrisville 44 (halftime: Lancaster 28-25)
- Location: Lancaster, Pa.
- Records: Lancaster 6-15, 4-8 NEAC; Morrisville 6-14, 5-6 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State battled back from a 21-11 first quarter deficit to cut the lead to three at the halftime break, but a dismal third quarter sent the host Lancaster Bible Chargers past the visitors en route to the 55-44 win.
- Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) was the lone Mustang to post double figures, netting 18 in the losing effort, while adding three rebounds and an assist to her tallies.
- Senior Charlotte Walker (Middle Island, N.Y.) added nine to go along with a team high seven rebounds, while collecting three steals.
- A-laya Wright (Henrietta, N.Y.) also collected seven steals, netting seven points.
- Morrisville State struggled from the floor, shooting 26.9% on the afternoon, while the Chargers moved forward with a 36.8% effort on the day.
- Lancaster Bible got a big game out of Courtney Goyak in the post to control play in the paint as she posted 10 points and snagged a game high 23 rebounds in the win.
- Morrisville State returns to the court Tuesday, hosting Wells College in a NEAC contest slated to begin at 5 p.m. The game will serve as a benefit and awareness contest for pediatric cancer, with all proceeds benefiting Golisano Children's Hospital in Syracuse.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.