WINCHENDON, Mass. – Visiting Morrisville State women's ice hockey posted three unanswered goals in the third period Saturday afternoon, as they rebounded from Friday night to top host Franklin Pierce by a 6-3 final in Winchendon, Massachusetts.
- Final score: Morrisville 6, Franklin Pierce 3
- Location: Winchendon, Mass.
- Records: Morrisville State 8-4-1, Franklin Pierce 7-5-0
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Franklin Pierce was the first to strike Saturday afternoon with a tally midway through the period before both teams traded goals to end the opening frame with a 2-1 host advantage.
- Morrisville State reversed the tables in the second, though, netting two, including a second by Kylie Cameron (Burlington, ON) and power play score by Taylor Finnie (Kamloops, BC) to send the contest into the third tied at three.
- Junior forward Jessica Ujcik (Munich, Germany) picked up her third point of the day with her own score just 1:09 into the third for the visitor 4-3 lead.
- Cameron completed the hat trick with an unassisted token at 15:53 to give the Mustangs the two goal cushion, before Maddison Devlin (Campbell River, BC) completed all scoring and put the game away with an empty net tally at the 17:05 mark. Cameron's three tallies was her first collegiate hat trick as she finished the contest with a collegiate high four points.
- Karoline Arvik (Trondheim, Norway) recorded the win between the pipes, making 20 stops, including eight in the final period.
- Mackenzie Lombardi (Hamilton, ON) picked up two assists in the win along with Ujcik.
- Morrisville State returns to the ice Wednesday, heading north to nationally ranked Plattsburgh, before wrapping up the semester with a home bout against Wilkes University on Friday afternoon.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.