MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Mustangs settled for a Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) draw on Saturday afternoon, tying the Kangaroos from SUNY Canton 1-1 on their home ice.
- Final Score:
- Morrisville 1, SUNY Canton 1
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville St. (12-6-2, 4-2-2 CHC), SUNY Canton (9-8-4, 4-3-1 CHC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Roos and Mustangs skated neck and neck throughout the first period, but neither team was able to score.
- The CHC foes continued to grind through the second period as well, but it was not until SUNY Canton was able to convert on one of their two power play opportunities of the period to break the deadlock.
- Down, 1-0 entering the third, the Mustangs kicked it up a notch offensively, being rewarded for their efforts with a game-tying score from Kylie Cameron (Burlington, Ont.). Tessa Dobson (Moose Factory, Ont.) and Megan Kirk (Breezy Point, N.Y.) were credited with the assists.
- Despite out shooting the Roos in the overtime frame, the Mustangs were unable to find the game winner, settling for the 1-1 tie.
Morrisville hits the road for another CHC series next weekend at Becker. Friday night's puck drop is set for 7:05 PM, while Saturday's matchup is set to start at 3:45 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.