MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – A late second half goal with less than four minutes to go in regulation put the Wolves up 1-0, defeating Morrisville State in their NEAC opener this afternoon. Senior goalkeeper, Brianna Sorriento (Wynantskill, NY) challenged a ball as she charged out of the goal; the ball was deflected to the back of the net as Keuka senior, Brook Guernsey collected the lone goal on the day.
- Final Score: Keuka 1, Morrisville 0
- Location: Drake Field – Morrisville, NY
- Records: Morrisville (1-4-0), Keuka (2-3-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Sorriento saw all 90 minutes in goal for the Mustangs, recording 10 saves throughout the afternoon.
- Keuka had several chances to get on the scoreboard in the first half; sophomore defender, Shay Franklin (North Norwich, NY) came across the goal to prevent the Wolves from scoring on an open net 14' in to the first half.
- The Wolves held the advantage on total shots over the Mustangs, registering 27 shots as Morrisville recorded just 5 on the day.
Women's soccer returns to action this Tuesday as they travel the short distance down Route 20 to cross town rival, Cazenovia College. The game is slated to start at 2:00pm.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.