ABINGTON, P.A. – After a scoreless first half, the Mustangs connected with the back of the net twice to pick up a 2-0 win over North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) opponent, Penn St.-Abington on Saturday afternoon. Junior defender, Savannah Hobbie (South Kortright, NY) and freshman forward, Angelina Rinaldi (Huntington Station, NY) put Morrisville State on the scoreboard in the second half to secure the win.
- Final Score: Morrisville 2, Penn St.-Abington 0
- Location: Memorial Field – Abington, PA
- Records: Morrisville (4-5-0), (3-1-0) NEAC, Penn St.-Abington (2-5-2), (1-3-1) NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- With the scored tied at zero, Hobbie scored her first goal of the season 67' into the second half; junior midfielder, Madison Shoemaker (Caledonia, NY) took a corner and after a scramble between both teams in front of the goal, Hobbie collected the Mustang's first score.
- With just 5 seconds left in the second half, Rinaldi connected with the back of the net and scored her second goal of the season.
- Morrisville took the advantage in shots, 16-7 on the afternoon.
- Senior goalkeeper, Brianna Sorriento (Wynantskill, NY) recorded 1 save in 90' in goal for the Mustangs.
Women's Soccer returns to action tomorrow when they travel to Morristown, N.J. to take on The College of St. Elizabeth at 12:00pm.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.