MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State Volleyball team took the next step to claiming a North Eastern Athletic Conference Tournament title on Saturday afternoon by defeating the Bison from Gallaudet University 3-0 in the semi-final match.
- Final Score:
- Morrisville 3, Gallaudet 0
- Location: STUAC Gymnasium, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville (24-6), Gallaudet (17-17)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Mustangs put the pressure on at the net throughout the match, posting 18 total blocks. Kirsten Florio (Wellsboro, Pa.) and Helena Hanes (Brockport, Pa.) led the way with taking part in six and four blocks respectively.
- Offensively, Morrisville rode the hot hand of the NEAC Offensive Player of the Year, Megyan Merrill (Millport, N.Y.) who set the bar for the Mustangs with 15 kills.
- Morrisville continued their season quest to put pressure on teams from the start with their serve and that paid off once again as the Mustangs collected six aces, three of which came from Sam Wolf (Liverpool, N.Y.)
- Defensively, the Mustangs picked up double digit dig totals from Amelia Baratier (Liverpool, N.Y.) who picked up 20, while Wolf and Merrill added 14 and 12.
The Mustangs will square off against the Chargers from Lancaster Bible College in the NEAC final tomorrow at 1 PM. The Chargers defeated the other semi-finalists, Wells College in 5 sets in the second match on Saturday afternoon.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.